As a part of my reading challenge in my 2018 goals, I am reading lot of articles and learning from them. Here I am sharing some of the articles which i have read in this month. It does not mean they are the best of all the articles written in this month. They are the one I have read and wished to share them in this blog.
1. Money Saving monthly Challenge – In this post author mentions 12 challenges for each month. All those challenges are pretty simple (Based on your spending habits.) like not buying coffee, not eating out, no spending on hobbies, not using credit cards, no under using gym subscription etc. Each challenge is for a month.
2.Secrets to become a better writer – In this article the author shares his 13 secrets of becoming a better writer. He narrates his own journey once his friends were not reading his writing, to a best finance blogger in India. He kept his points simple and easy to understand.
3. Self Awareness is a Super Power – In this article Tom Corley says, “Self-awareness allows you to recognize your own thoughts, emotions and behavior. Self-awareness also allows you to see what is going on all around you in your environment. Self-awareness enables you to pivot in order to avoid obstacles, pitfalls, mistakes and toxic people who get in the way of your success.”
4. How to use Behavioral Finance to your investing advantage – In this article author describes how understanding behavioral finance can help you greatly in making better choices and keeping more of your money. Just by reducing the number of poor decisions you make can have a major impact on your wealth. For example, the fewer irrational decisions you make, the more money can keep invested in the stock market.
5. Billionaires’ Read Books Why Not You.– In this link the author quotes, According to Steve Siebold, “If you walk into a wealthy person’s home and one of the first things you’ll see is an extensive library of books they’ve used to educate themselves on how to become more successful,” Also he list his 2016 books to read (pretty old post but 5 good books suggested for starters)
6. Reasons Why You Should Start a Blog in 2018 – In this post author tells his four main reasons why you should start a blog, As per him the main points are Self improvement and personal development, profit, relationship and giving something back.
7.How to Find Inner Peace: 5 Beliefs You Must Drop Now – In this post the author explains the 5 beliefs we hold on to which is not allowing us to find the inner peace. As Dalai Lama says “We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves.” Author concludes by asking readers “Why do we only rest in peace when we can live in peace?”
8. My Depth Year 2018: The Constraints of Deep Focus – a Depth year is No new hobbies, equipment, games, or books are allowed during this year. Instead, you have to find the value in what you already own or what you’ve already started. You improve skills rather than learning new ones. You consume media you’ve already stockpiled instead of acquiring more. The guiding philosophy is “Go deeper, not wider.”
9. Five Morning Money Habits to Help You Become Wealthy – Here is the tips from one of my best blogger. Tim Ferriss says that “if you win the morning, you’ll win the day.” It makes sense because no matter how the rest of your day goes, if you had a productive morning, you’ve already put points on the board. You’ve made progress on the things that matter most. The day is already a success. The rest is gravy.
10. The Rich Are Frugal – The Poor Are Cheap – Rich people find novel ways to stretch their money. Poor people, on the other hand, spend their money foolishly. They focus on the short term – the cost of the product always comes first. Quality rarely enters their mind. Be frugal, not cheap. Being frugal is a Rich Habit. Being cheap is a Poor Habit.
These are some of the reads I like to share with others. I will come up with some other interesting reads in next month post.